Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: access-list at 4006 catalyst switch?

From: "Wilcox, Stephen" <StephenWilcox () universalcomputersys com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:08:47 -0600

With Cisco switches you and apply IP Permit Filters

These are filters to safeguard access to the management sc0 interface via telnet and other protocols. These are
particularly important when the VLAN used for management also contains users. Use the following commands to enable IP
address and port filtering:

set ip permit enable
set ip permit <IP address> <mask> <telnet|ssh|snmp|all>

Stephen