Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: GroupWise - Guinevere - Klez.H traffic Increase

From: "Mark Rossman" <marossma () oakland edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:05:48 -0500

Hi,
        I've been seeing a lot more Klez lately too.  I think a new
variant came out a few weeks ago and the unprotected people are
spreading it like crazy. Just log the emails to track where they came
from and try informing the actually sender that they are infected(Klez
spoofs email addresses so don't just push reply). Unfortunately that's
all you can really do. I believe there was just a big thread about email
headers that may be helpful, just hope its really coming from a few
people
        Hope this helps
                Mark Rossman