Security Basics mailing list archives

GroupWise - Guinevere - Klez.H traffic Increase

From: "Eric Zatko" <EZatko () co lucas oh us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:35:29 -0500

Good afternoon my friends.

I am wondering if any of you can shed some light on this bit of information that I have. Here is the background:

We are running GroupWise e-mail... with Guinevere antivirus scanner for inbound and outbound Internet e-mail... which
integrates with our Norton AV to detect, block and/or clean messages.

We are getting more and more e-mail each and every day that is being blocked/cleaned/stripped of attachments containing
the Klez.H virus.

Now, one of two things appears to be happening... either we are being targeted for some reason (intentionally or
unintentionally), or there is an increase in Klez.H traffic... which would be amazing since it (the original Klez.A)
has been in the wild for such a long time (October, 2001).

Any thoughts... ideas... or advice?

My sincere thanks in advance.
Eric