Security Basics mailing list archives

2 factor authentication through vpn ?

From: "fuzion ." <fuzioneer () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:20:05 +0000

I am putting together a proposal for a client whereby they wish to have a global means of securely accessing their internal systems, mail etc.

At present they employ laptops and broadband access with static ips from home, but they now wish to evolve into using a secure means of accessing internal systems whilst on the move i.e. globally.

I know RSA have a product called secureID that does 2 factor authentication that can do this but firstly need to know of any experiences with using this and checkpoint secureremote vpn and also are there any other means of doing this securely, i.e. certificates etc.