Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: About default sharing folders in Windows

From: "Doc Farmer" <doc.farmer () qatarbank com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:22:04 +0300

I find those default shares to be extremely annoying, especially on my home PC where I've got a lot of extra disk space
configured.  So I run a batch file at startup that whacks all of the shares -

ShareKil.bat
net share C$ /delete
net share D$ /delete
net share Z$ /delete
net share IPC$ /delete
net share ADMIN$ /delete

Seems to work pretty well.  Hope that was helpful.

Doc Farmer
Senior Manager
Security and Business Continuity
Qatar National Bank