Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Check for Confidential Content

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:11:02 -0700

From: "Cosentino, Guilherme V." <Guilherme.Cosentino () alcoa com br>
Does anyone knows if exist a tool that allows search multiple strings in
multiple files at once?
I need to check the public area of my network to see if any confidential or
inapropriate file was posted there. I have a hundred of phrases and
thousands of files to check.

Perl can do that.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Within every man beats a heart of darkness." --The Shadow

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm