Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Digital Evidence Question - What is an effective Windows hard -disk search tool?

From: "Dana Epp" <dana () vulscan com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:32:32 -0700

In a pinch you can use something like Knoppix, which will boot Linux from a
CD, assuming your bios is configured to allow for CD boot. This way you
don't have to strip the HD from the rest of the hardware and can still get
all the information from the machine and copy/clone it to a network disk,
other harddisks etc.

I'm not sure if it has the NTFS fs compiled in, but it would be nothing to
do that if it hasn't been.

---
Regards,
Dana M. Epp