Security Basics mailing list archives

cooperation

From: Tomas Wolf <tomas () skip cz>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:32:48 -0600

Hello,

I came here to ask, as a mainly passive member of this list, if anybody would be up to a cooperation. I'm a novice in security field, but I like it a lot :-). I started to work on two projects:
I. passwords
II. steganography

ad I.
After I completed my security college class, I was left astonished how easy it is to break Windows password compared to Novell (of course using tools as L0phtcrack & Pandora). I also know the general idea why is that, which is not the point I'm writing. The point is that thanks to this class I have made some small research on word frequency and possibilities of appearance. Now I'm making a "C" program to analyze, and sort the real deal, the real passwords, to groups based on their possition in the password, etc. Would be anybody interested to cooperate?

ad II.
Steganography is pretty interesting area. I would like to put into work more heads that would be interested in finding a way to get messages (firstly unencrypted, lately maybe even encrypted) out of a file. Specification is: using just one stegotool - SecurEngine & for now working on *.bmp format. Would be anybody interested?

I should clarify why I'm sending this echo. I don't do this for some higher purpouse, I just like finding out on my own how things work and I have also a lot of fun with it... But the downside is time, while working I don't have as much time as I would like... Therefore, putting people with the same passion (and maybe problem) together sounds to me like a good idea... (distributed computing :-D )

Thans for reading and sorry for such a long e-mail.
Tomas

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm