Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VA vs PT tool

From: "Rosado, Rafael (Rafael)" <rarosado () lucent com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:37:39 -0600

Another tool that can be used for Pen Testing and which is in the same line
as Knoppix is F.I.R.E. (Forensic and Incident Response Environment -
http://fire.dmzs.com/).  F.I.R.E. was showcased in a webcast in May 2003
hosted by SANS.  F.I.R.E. is a Linux Bootable CD Image which has several
well-known open source tools for Forensics, Vulnerability Assessments and
Pen Tests.

Rafael Rosado, CISSP, CISA
Lucent Technologies
IT Security Manager - Corporate Security
Business Assurance and Risk Mitigation Services (B.A.R.M.S.)
2400 SW 145th Avenue
Miramar, Florida 33027
Office: 954-885-2176
Facsimile: 954-885-3861
Email: rarosado () lucent com

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to Lucent
Technologies, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action
in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.