Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: nmap for windows

From: "Chris Gioran" <himicos () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:37:15 +0300

Hi folks,

Has anybody been able to setup nmap for windows? I could not get the
right file yet; either it is corrupted or doesn't have the setup files
completely

You mean the source tarball or the binary one?? Moreover, are you talking
about the command line interface or the graphical one??? What OS?? More info
would be
welcomed.
Generally, I installed winPcap3.0 and nmap-3.27 under Win98 SE and it
worked.
Notice that the win32 version is in beta stage and does NOT support PPP,
SLIP and any RAS connection in general (read the README that comes with the
zip file)

If this is not the right tool for me, does anybody know an
alternative one?

It all depends on what you want to do. I use nmap as the best free scanner
available and don't see any reason to change that.

Thanks,

You are welcome.

Zek

Zekeriya Eskiocak
Prolink/Turkey
http://www.prolink.com.tr

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm