Security Basics mailing list archives

IP address forging

From: "Hanuska Ivo" <hanuska () asd-software cz>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:27:24 +0200

I have question which does not make me sleep:

Is it possible to forge my IP address? Imagine situation that I am connected with some sort of link (not Ethernet like
device, there is answer simple, just use ARP manipulation methods) possibly by modem to Internet and I want to forge my
IP address (so I do want to pretend, that my IP address is different that really is).

Is there somewhere some information about such a procedure and how to protect my resources from connections from such
forged IP address?

Thank you all,

Ivo Hanuška

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm