Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: hidden processes

From: gminick <gminick () bsd sim pl>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:50:23 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:28:22PM -0400, Vlady wrote:
Hi,
One of my mashines is hacked and chkrootkit-0.40 tells me that I have 3
proccess hidden from "ps". All of my system binaries looks like beeing clean.
Using "netstat" I can see that there is not a lisenning servise other than the
services suppused to work on the machine.
I know that the best way to go further is to reinstall the machine but first I
would like to understand more of what have happend.
Do you know of:
<https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phoebe-list/2003-February/msg01943.html>
?

--
[ Wojtek Walczak - gminick (at) underground.org.pl ]
[       <http://underground.org.pl/gminick/>       ]