Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Redhat 8.0 networking/routing/security issue...

From: "Nick Warr" <nick () mobilia it>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:58:34 +0200

If you're up for doing the whole configuration yourself, there's plenty of
information available on thar interweb, and here too.

However, if you're interested in a quick and simple solution, something like
e-smith might be a good choice. http://www.e-smith.org. It's a
file/mail/router/firewall/gateway server, with enough security for the
average home user, and if you wish to go digging around in the guts, you
can. That way you can have protection, and take your time to study and
possibly build your own solution.

I'd say Comcast is full of it too, they just don't want to train their tech
support to deal with linux.