Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Redhat 8.0 networking/routing/security issue...

From: "Scott M. Algatt" <salgatt () turtleshell net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:41:08 -0400 (EDT)

The other people you spoke with are correct.  You should be able to
connect just about any IP enabled device to Comcast.  I have done both a
FreeBSD firewall and am now running a Netgear soon to be moving to a
CheckPoint firewall.  In short, they will all work including your Redhat
configuration.

These might help you get on the right track to configuring your Red Hat
box to allow the other machines out.

http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.php3

I would also suggest looking over the below URL to also make your router
into a firewall:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/ch-iptables.html

Happy configing!

Regards,

Scott M. Algatt

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.