Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: encrypted files to ntfs

From: "Koh Keng Leng" <KOH_Keng_Leng () dsi a-star edu sg>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:02:29 +0800

ermm..by the EFS recovery agent? think u can use default administrator  on any
pc to recover....provided u didn't change the default administrator on your
PC....tats for w2k though...i would suppose it works for xp...anyone let me
know if i am wrong...thanks

stephen at unix dot za dot net <stephen () unix za net> 07/25/03 07:12PM

there is a way, it was covered in my MSCE course, havent had to do it in 2
years, so for the life of me cant remember exactly how..

it involves taking ownership of files and then decrypting, sorry i cant
think off hand exactly how :/   i'll skim thru my msce book over the w/e