Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CIS Security template

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:47:27 -0800

From: "Simon Taplin" <simont () lantic net>
Has anybody run into any problems using Win2000 Pro when they have
installed/run the CIS Win2kProGold_R1.2 security template?

The PC's would be used by students studying anything from a basic
secretary
course to graphic design to in some cases, MCSE students.

I personally didn't like alot of the setting changes they made, so I reviewed them line by line before including the ones I liked in my own setups. I recommend that you examine them carefully before blindly applying them.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"I can sleep at night because my servers are secure. What's the secret you ask? I filled them with concrete."

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup