Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows 2000 local security policy

From: "Simon Taplin" <simont () lantic net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:23:36 +0200

I also looked at using the NSA and CIS recommendations and landed up
breaking more stuff than I secured, Run it on a test machine or roll the
policy out slowly. Also, don't just use the NSA/CIS one but use them as a
basis to create your own.

Simon

Quote of the day:
Systems Administration is the kind of job that nobody notices if you're
doing it well. People only take notice of their systems when they're not
working.