Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Outlook and Win2K

From: "Tim V - DZ " <iceburn () dangerzone com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:53:56 -0600

Do it once and mirror it out with ghost.

Or get something like RegShot and take a snapshot of the registry.
Then make all your changes to that machine...software settings etc
Then take the second snapshot and compare. (this shows all the registry
changes that took place)
Then make a .reg script that adds all those into the registry, and copy
the c:\documents and settings folder...(you may want to look into
altering the .default user folder also...)

THEN...paste the docs and settings folder to each machine (or just the
pertinent subfolders if you wish, AND run the new reg script.  That
should take care of most of your problems...

Obviously Ghosting is easier unless there are other, unnamed issues that
keep you from using ghost...

-t