Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Computer Forensics

From: "Robinson, Sonja" <SRobinson () HIPUSA com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:23:20 -0500

Htcia.org - has lots of links there.

There really aren't certifications per se unless you're in LE and then you
can take one or two certifications.  Forensics training classes are
available through Guidance Software, Access Data and NTI among others.  You
must meet certain, stringent requirements before they will allow you to take
the classes.

I took NTI's.  It was very comprehensive and trained you on WHAT and WHY as
well as how to use their products.  This is key for expert testimony in
court.  I have not taken either of the others however I do use their
software.  I'm sure both have similar philosophies however I can not
personally vouch for it.