Security Basics mailing list archives

Administrivia - Mea Culpa

From: Dean Turner <dtu () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:03:07 -0700 (MST)

Folks,

Earlier today I inadvertantly approved a message that contained the
W32/Bugbear.A@mm in the coordonnnees_.txt.scr attachment.

Though I would like to say that this was merely a test to see if you have
been reading the list and following its advice, I sadly can not do so in
good conscience.

We are normally very careful about approving list traffic and in this case
a small attachment not easily noticed in the approval client went
undetected.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has
caused.  It is nice to see that so many gateway virus scanners are doing
their job out there.

If you feel that it may have slipped by your defences please download a
free removal tool from the following link:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear () mm removal tool html

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Regards,

Dean Turner
SecurityFocus
http://www.securityfocus.com