Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Sniffing in switched network

From: <hallx () mail com>
Date: 31 Jan 2003 19:19:45 -0000

I think you ask how sniff switch network cos the ARP Table stay in switch,
then the packets will never become to your machine. or not? In hub network
the broadcast go to all machines...
If i undestand the problem (i think), you will need to change remote ARP
tables on switch. So you will need the Arpoison.
So you´ll finally can use dsniff ou ohter great sniff.