Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: System information gathering

From: Florian Hines <panth3r () swbell net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:51:21 -0600

If you can run it from a unix/linux based machine you could write a fairly
simple perl or shell script to run nmap or a command line nessues client
from a cronjob, have it test the machines, on the network, dump it to a txt
file and compare it to other scans of the same kind when you know there
wasn't any other un-authorized machines on the network.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.

Florian