Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: HIPAA certs

From: "Drew Hunt" <Drew () Valleymed org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:40:14 -0800

Just to clarify several of the comments already posted.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule goes into effect this April
The HIPAA Security Rule goes into effect in April 2005
Having said that you can't prove privacy without security!
If you are just starting I would agree with Sonja-you have some work to do.
I would also like to call attention to Brian's comment from several days ago.
Brian said:...
Try here:
 http://www.cms.hhs.gov/regulations/hipaa/cms0003-5/0049f-econ-ofr-2-12-03.pdf

from about page 264, especially the grid on the last 3 pages...

I have converted the matrix out of a .pdf and made it look nice in word table, if you'd like a copy email me direct.

Drew
"HIPAA geek"