Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comparing Windows Bastions to Linux Bastions

From: Ivan Hernandez <ivan.hernandez () globalsis com ar>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:50:41 -0300

You can strip down your linux system so far as you wan't (and the time you have). Windows is far more complex, specially windows 2000. With windows nt you can make a nice bastion, but if you plan to use iis you'll need com+ and all that very awfull things

Anyway, bad administration is the base of every incident.

Ivan Hernandez

BYRD,GREGORY (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:

Everyone,

I'm looking for information comparing Windows Bastions to Linux Bastions
(positives and negatives). I've looked through the list archive, as well as
plundered through Google (web and groups), but nothing worthwhile.
Hopefully someone on this list knows or has a document that can help.

Thanks in advance,
Greg