Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: MD5 Syntax problem

From: "Vlad Tsyrklevich" <vlad () zoomstats org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:12:32 -0800

md5 * >> blah
md5 -c blah Should be enough to do it, no? Chris Berry writes:

It was ok, I actually run both here (win2k and mandrake) but the problem was on my win2k box. I ended up figuring out that I needed a different version of md5 and that solved the problem. Thanks for everybodies help. Essentially I want to set up a signature verification system like tripwire, but I have no budget so I'm attempting to do it for free. Unfortunately all the free tools like osiris, samhain, etc. only run on linux, which doesn't help my win2k boxes at all. I think I'm going to end up scripting something using the perl digest::md5 module and mysql but it will probably be a few months before I can do it.

--
-Vlad Tsyrklevich