Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Best for of signature

From: Mike Jensen <junk12 () teamjens com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:37:20 -0700

That is why you keep the certificate even after it expires.  It will allow you
to decrypt old e-mail, but won't interfere with your "shiny-new" certificate.

Quoting Alejandro Criado-Pérez <alejandro () criadoperez com>:

Thanks a lot for your answer and recommendation. They look pretty neat.
I'll try them out when my actual Verisign IDs expire.

But the main problem is still there. If you receive encrypted email you
can't save it unencrypted so when your digital ID expires and you throw
it away, you will never be able to open your old encrypted email
anymore.

           Alejandro Criado-Pérez
           alejandro () criadoperez com