Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Best for of signature

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:14:00 -0500

Concur.  I distrust them to the extent that I never see them.  Hence,
the vote for inline.

Jim

From: Frank Barton <pauling () starwolf biz>
I was wondering what people's feelings are here as to the best way to
digitally sign a message.
mutt for example creates the digital signature as an attachment, and then
attaches it, while some people create the
signature as part of the text of the message.

Which way is best? or most compatable?

I personally distrust any attachments I didn't specifically request, so my
vote would be for inline signatures.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"For Sys Admins paranoia isn't a mental health problem, its a marketable job
skill."

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton