Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: permission

From: "Phillips, Mike" <PhillipsMike () otc army mil>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:40:47 -0600

IMHO, guest users should have the most restrictive possible access to system
hard drives or other information that they can hack. I am not sure, but it
sounds like the guest is using one of your computers to access the Internet.
Otherwise, they should not see anything other than the web site itself. If
my guess is correct, your first line of defense is to control  who gets
access to your computers. We tend to be very restrictive. Only members of
our organization who are visiting here get access under any circumstances.

Regards,

Mike Phillips