Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: HW firewall for LAN

From: "Dan Duplito" <danduplito () techie com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:23:52 +0800

hi Shawn, Lachlan and Justin! i really appreciate all your invaluable inputs :)

your combined suggestions will help me and my boss decide on how to choose the right appliance for our setup. i've also
Googled for resources on the Net. we're now also considering other appliances (e.g., Sonicwall and NetScreen products),
but we're initially leaning towards Cisco PIX (we had a 515e installed for the DMZ and it's running smoothly), and have
active correspondence with the vendors on the items you all raised.

thanks guys and best regards,
dan