Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Which CERT to get

From: "Peter Schawacker" <peter () schawacker com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:50:41 -0800

If you want a technically-oriented cert, pursue the SANS GIAC program.  Most
of the SANS certs are 99% technical.  You might also want to look at
CompTIA's Securit+ as it's inexpensive and less rigorious than the CISSP.  I
don't see the piont in opting for the SSCP over the CISSP if you meet the
experience requirements for the CISSP.  Resume-wise, spreading certs across
vendors is better than getting more than one cert from the same
organization.

Peter Schawacker, CISSP, Security+, MCSE, SCSA, LCP, CCSE,...