Security Basics mailing list archives

Firewall Hardware Recommendations

From: "Keith Duemling" <kduemling () cox net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:32:52 -0500

Just wanted to get some feedback from the list regarding some research I'm
currently working on.  We're replacing our existing Cisco firewall with a
dedicated firewall hardware/software solution to provider greater security
and VPN access.

I've been looking at the Netscreen and various Watchguard products at this
time.  The current environment is as follows;

- NAT environment
- DMZ to host web accessible servers
- 100 internal users
- Extensive intranet site & visitation to several high profile B2B sites.
- Constant 10 user VPN community.
- Redundant T1 connection managed by RADware Linkproof hardware solution.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Keith Duemling
MCP