Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SPAM filter...

From: "Aditya [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya () online nailed org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:39:27 +0530

hi how about firewalling off the ip - useing many of the opensource implemenations of the firewalls or if your mta is
postfix you can compile spamassin as a part of postfix and let it handle the spam problem

it can drop the smtp connection in mid data if it decided that the connection is spam !

or if you are going to use the firewall put the computer in the stealth mode ( ie refuse to outgoing syn or icmp or any
kind of data ) for the ip address that is sending the emails

more details like the mta used and the frequency of the attempts and we will come up with a better solution

-aditya