Security Basics mailing list archives

Products detecting DDoS attacks

From: "Kip Sr." <kipsr1 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:53:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello All!

I am running a small web site and I am interested in
deploying software/hardware which can detect DDoS
attacks (SYN floods, application based attacks, etc)
on my perimeter network. I have been reading that some
products will do this... like Cisco Netflow, Arbor
networks, etc.. but I am not sure how effective these
products are.

Essentially, I just looking for some good tools that
can quickly detect the source IP of zombie machines so
I can go back to my ISP and have them filter out the
traffic upstream.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kip Sr.