Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Ad-aware

From: Pete Hunt <lists () petehunt co uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:36:27 +0000

At 10:03 03/12/2003, Jack Solomon wrote:

I have been tasked with identifying suitable anti-trojan-ware for workstations. Ive been looking at AdAware. Its free and seems to do the job. Im wondering what is the catch.?

Has anyone done a review of antitrojan sofrware? Id like to know if there is a suitable/cheap/supported product that we can use to compliment sophos that will protect against malicious code, trojans, session hijacking and other web nasties.

Thanks

Jack

It's good, but not free for commercial use - there's your catch (and I wouldn't exactly call it anti-trojan).

Assume you've looked at Spybot as well? http://security.kolla.de

It's not as aesthetically pleasing as Ad-aware, but it is more flexible and it's free for commercial use. I prefer it (especially after Lavasoft went through that period of not updating their software). YMMV.

HTH

Pete