Security Basics mailing list archives

VPN Question

From: Jim Brezicky <brezicky () infimed com>
Date: 22 Aug 2003 17:29:19 -0000

Good afternoon all,

This posting is a little off track, but I'm hoping someone can help me
anyway.

I have a SonicWall Pro230 and I'm trying to do VPN with it. My users
connect from some locations and not others. Example: They could connect
from the Airport in Cincinnati, but not the airport in Las Vegas. Seems
they can't connect in many (if any hotels). In speaking with SonicWall
they said this is a known issue when connecting through a firewall on the
hotel side.

I know I'm not the first company to try this, and was wondering how others
get by this issue? Or is this an inherent SonicWall issue.

Most of my users are traveling Sales people, and will go all around the
US, and Japan.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Brezicky
InfiMed Inc