Security Basics mailing list archives

SNORT config Question

From: Dave.Hartley () uk delarue com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:13:19 +0100

I want to get to grips with Snort.. so I have set it up on my laptop...

Except it's a Compaq Armada 500

Using a Win Modem...

I use KPPP to dial up...

I want to configure a sensor to monitor my modem connection when online.  I
am dynamically assigned an IP Address when connecting.

Any ideas??

Also I don't know what to specify in teh interface as Internet Configuration
and Modem probes don't detect my modem.

Any help appreciated.

Dave

This message is strictly private and contains confidential information intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you have received this e-mail in error and are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy or
distribute it to anyone else. Please immediately advise the sender and delete this email and all attachments.