Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: XP Box appears to be compromised

From: JM <jamesmcgeeiom () onetel net uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:36:19 +0100

My understanding of RDP is that you establish a "new"
session on the box.

So I don’t think that is your culprit.  Check the system out
for viruses, and Trojans.  Run a port scan against it.  Try
a new AV solution.

Checkout Languard's scanner, you can get a free eval of it,
but it is also worth buying.

Have you tried changing the mouse?

Cheers

JM