Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Data Compression

From: "Gabriel Orozco" <gabriel_orozco () mx sumida com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:48:46 -0500

Hendra:

What I did to get the most of the links, was to setup a vpn between every
building. I used vpnd and worked very well, but lastly I use openvpn because
I can do traffic shaping and specify how much bandwidht I will devote the
the link. then, you can use that tunnel to send your mail traffic, so all
the other apps don't get messed up by the lack of bandwidth, and then maybe
mail comes a little later, but you will likely receive more in less time,
and still left more bandwidth to other apps.

Rgrds