Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy-Please help

From: "J. Lambrecht" <jl_post () pandora be>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:56:30 +0200

You don't seem to be completely in the dark on this.

Doesn't matter that much if the network is old or not. Read some
documentation on the hardening of computers and networks. No need to start
and crack away at passwords, even windows has some policy-tools on this.
There are library's out there as well wich enable you to enhance the
security of windows passwords. Sorry, can't remember the name, too long ago.

There's a free version of languard Languard and Ethereal to start with. Be
sure though you have sufficient priviliges to start using these tools. If
you're on a big network they're could be trouble if you're not authorised.
Also, this activity will show to others.

Greets,

Joris