Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows XP computer spewing packets

From: "Kevin O'Shea" <koshea () ists dartmouth edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:26:51 -0400

Just went trough the same issue here re: packet count - There was no
correlation b/w the numbers of packets caught on ethereal and the local
area connection status counter.

Found a round-about reference at
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/faq.jsp?FID=tr
o0000001b96

Apparently its an error in the driver - I downloaded an updated driver
directly from intel and the problem is fixed.

The driver issue seems independent of your Nmap question...

Kevin