Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Accessing the File server

From: "Gabriel Orozco" <gabriel_orozco () mx sumida com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:26:48 -0500

My bet is exactly the same as you alredy had, but adding a VPN in front of
it.

your users connect to the VPN, and from there to wmb2www which will ask for
user/password and will let them browse, download/upload files remotelly.
taking in consideration this makes broadcast innecesary and that
transmission is much better over http than on SMB, this is very good way to
solve your problem.

With Regards