Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Policy Document

From: Mathias Gygax <mg () trash net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:50:28 +0200

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 04:20:30PM -0900, Debbie Torri wrote:
Hi,

hi,

Does anyone have a Firewall Policy Document that is about 3 to 5 pages
long?  Our current policy is way out of date.  We got some auditors
coming out to our site and I need to put something together quickly.

i have a simply policy for my setups:

drop everything per default, log whats needed, open what you trust and
monitor attacks.

this may be a hard, long way but it's the paranoidst :)

HTH

 - regards, turrican

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.