Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Something new?

From: "Gwydion Mine" <Gwydion () myrealbox com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:16:47 +0100

Hi,

I don't know of any native Windows process that does what you've asked, or indeed any product that will sit on top of
Windows and supply the requested functionality, unless that product happens to be a firewall of course.

Check Point firewall-1 will do this for you, as I suppose will most commercially available Firewalls. Although it is
NOT recommended, Firewall-1 can also make use of your native OS password scheme, be it Windows or Unix.

Gwyd1on

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics