Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux NIDS

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 11:48:51 -0700

Snort with acid is a good solution for linux.  I have a document that
does a step by step on installing it all on a redhat box.

http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_acid_rh8.pdf

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 06:58, N30 wrote:
Guys,

Any suggestions for Linux (RH) based NIDS.

I have used BlackIce for Win and am looking for similar functionality.

I know snort may be 1 of the answers...Any good front end for snort??? (I am
new to Linux)

Thank in advance!!
-V

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics

--
Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE
patrick () internetsecurityguru com