Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall on Mac OS X

From: Adam Richardson <adamrich () zip com au>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:53:53 +1000

Take a look at Firewalk X2.
http://www.pliris-soft.com/products/firewalkx/firewalkx.html

Cheers,
Adam

OS X has a great built-in firewall (which you will recognize from freeBSD)
ipfw.  It is usable via command-line and the System Preferences | Sharing
GUI.

Ryan Lowe

 I'm looking for recommendations for a firewall to use on a Macintosh
 running OS X. I'm running a demo of Netbarrier X and have a router in
 front of the Mac. Nothing ever comes through the router so I have no
 idea if the firewall offers any extra protection.

 I also have a Sunblade 100 and need to install a firewall on it and
 thought sun's free firewall would be good.

 James Zuchelli
 SQA Engineer

 SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
 SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
 protection.
 http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
 Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free
 technical support. Stop SPAM before it stops you.

--

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to ensure your place. www.blackhat.com