Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security cert

From: "crawford charles" <biv0uac17 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:17:11 +0000

Has GIAC changed?  As I remember, the firewall exam required
knowledge of Cisco IOS CLI -- that is, your answers had to
be written explicitly in terms of Cisco ACLs, etc, and
correct syntax was an exam criterion.  This does not qualify
as "vendor neutral" to my mind.  Granted, it helps to speak
the language of the industry gorilla, but it's a poor
evaluation method for general concepts.

C.