Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Spy Software

From: "Seth Connolly" <sethc () firstcash com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:06:24 -0500

Take a look at this:  http://web.interhack.com/news/n2002_spector.php

<snip>

"People might believe that they're simply using a software package that will
show them what their children, employees, or others are doing," said Matt
Curtin, Interhack's Founder and author of Developing Trust: Online Privacy
and Security (Apress, 2001). "What they might not realize, however, is that
they're also enabling Spectorsoft to see what is being done on their
machines. In effect, parents using this software are showing Spectorsoft
what their children are doing on the computer. Employers might be
compromising the privacy of their own proprietary data."

</snip>

That could be a good point to use to get out of installing Spector Pro in
the office.

Seth