Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: web monitoring tool

From: Chris Santerre <csanterre () MerchantsOverseas com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:25:05 -0400

Dialup may cause you more headaches. The may get malware into your network
thru there. I would have the exec's bosses literally signoff on a piece of
paper saying they understand that you can't be held accountable to network
security if they put a big hole in your configuration.

I tell my bosses the same. If you don't give me the control, you can't blame
me when something happens thru a weak link.

I've also seen execs fired due to surfing habits.

The ONLY person in a company that can surf without fear is.......Sysadmin ;)