Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Personal Firewalls

From: "Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere () ezemcanada com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:07:48 -0400

Hi Rory,
                I was using Zonealarm and i changed to Sygate pesonnal
firewall. I found that there was many more features and informations
availlabble in Sygate than Zonealarm. If you want to "see" what is going on,
i suggest you to try the Sygate firewall. You can get the same information
with zonealarm, but you'll have to use 3rd parties programs.

M.Bruyere

<snip>
Mmmmmmm i'm curious i'm use zone alarm on a computer at home and am quite
happy with it. I ws just wondering what caused you to pick Sygate over
zone alarm. I'm quite happy with zone alarm but if there is something that
is better I wouldn't mind knowing why.

<re-snip>

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.