Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Desktops and Integrity scanning

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:06:30 -0700

From: Lambott () aol com
There is a product called Deep Freeze which I have tested and
recommended to a client of mine - http://www.deepfreezeusa.com/

Thanks, that does look like an interesting product, but I'm writing my own scanner in Perl because we don't have the budget to purchase something.

It is very good for ensuring that the desktop environment doe snot
change, and in the event the desktop is changed, an attended or
automatic reboot will rollback the desktops settings. Also, this tool
can be installed and managed remotely which is neat!
It's a very good tools for Windows desktop standardization, protection, enterprise disaster recovery and incident management.

That does sound handy, but not really what my post was about. I was trying to find out if anyone out there takes the time to monitor desktops, and if so, what they're looking for?

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.